This upcoming weekend begins ImagingUSA 2019 Conference. I am super excited to be attending again this year. If you become a member of PPA (Professional Photographers of America) your first year conference to ImagingUSA is FREE. It’s a great way to meet some of the speakers you have been following; along with fellow photographers attendees that you follow or whom have even become friends with from previous conferences or social media groups you share.
So, if you want to go next year for FREE join PPA Today! Complete the referral form and include my name Katrina Cross-Daniels along with City/State (Clinton Twp, Michigan) Become a Member Click Here
Last year, I was not able to attend the conference and to my surprise, I was featured on most of the 2018 marketing materials. It was awesome to be larger than life for a few day… (Literally, the poster was large).
Here are some tips! I discovered to be helpful for first time conference attendee’s and everyone as a reminder.
- Cell Phone – Make sure you memory is not full, you will be taking lots of photos during the conference with people you meet, speakers and even screen shots of some of your presenters contact info or discount codes. (BRING AN EXTERNAL PORTABLE CHARGER) There are charging stations at the conference. However, they may all be in use when your battery is dead.
- Pack Light – The time goes by fast; you really do not need to bring your whole wardrobe. Honestly, leave plenty of room in your luggage to bring back all the marketing materials you will receive from speaker and vendors. Believe me it will add pounds to your luggage (remember, most airline weight limits are 50 pounds).
- Tote bag vs. Purses – Try to limit the amount and size of things to carry around. You will be collecting many materials, and most vendors will have tote bags for you to carry things around in (it's for marketing so they want everyone to carry their bags). Some are sturdier than others, but who wants to carry 10 bags and a purse. For your personal items I suggest that you to carry a cross shoulder purse or even a fanny pack (hand free). FYI, I love my fanny pack.
- Taking Notes – You can bring your own notebook, however, you are provided with notepads from the conference.
- Water – It's okay to carry maybe one water bottle. There are water stations at some conference and you will be able to grab a cup or fill your bottle up. However, keep in mind some conference do not have water stations and water could be expensive at the conference. (Keep a few bottles in your room just in case you will need them).
- Snacks – Don’t forget SNACKS! This will save your life. The days are long and you will need to pause for a quick snack in between or during presentations, walking the trade-show etc. (Remember, snacks are expensive at the conference).
- Business Cards – You will meet people so “BRING YOUR BUSINESS CARDS”. I know some people do not like or use business cards, but it's a quick way to help you introduce yourself. Plus, during the trade show, some vendors have drawings with business card.
- Medicine – Have your emergency kit ready! Better safe than sorry.
- Jacket/Sweater – If you are always cold like me, I would suggest bringing a sweater or light jacket. Some areas of the conference may be cold.
- Download the APP TODAY! ImagingUSA has a mobile app (go to your app store and download ImagingUSA). It will provide you with the daily schedules, the ability to mark your schedule in My Agenda, keep track of other Attendees, stay updated when vendors have specials promotions, display a map of the venue and so much more.
- BONUS! If you are a member of CPS (Canon Professional Services), you can bring any of your Gear up to (3) and they will clean and service it for FREE during the conference. Be prepared to drop the gear off for a few hours. In addition, you can bring a SD Card with any image you want printed and have (1) large print printed on Canon professional paper (be prepared to carry the large print home).
- BONUS! There are so many Vendors, if you really want to buy something and do not have the room in your luggage or an item is too large (like a backdrop), some vendors offer shipping to your home. Also, some allow you to pay and get the discount during the conference and you can complete your order when you get home.
Looking forward to meeting and seeing some of you there. If not this year, Become a Member Click Here and I will see you next year.